Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My Tough Guys!

What a weekend!  Ryan and I went to Lubbock with are Arkansas friends.  I hadn't been back to Lubbock to watch Tech play in 7 years!  We got there Friday and attempted to go to Chimy’s but of course the line was too long so we just headed to Crickets.  Gosh how things have changed.  I would have been standing and partying all night long when I was in college.  Instead we ordered food and a few rounds of drinks and then headed home.  The best part was my cousin is at Tech and I got to take her out with us.  I love having family go to my Alumni and I love seeing Ashley!!  

I won’t get into details but of course my phone fell out of my bag when we were at Crickets, luckily the Manager found it and I was able to get it back.

Saturday, we got up and headed out to go walk around the tailgating area.  Again how things have changed.  In college I would have been out there first thing in the morning and had tailgates to go to.  

For those of you that watched the game you know the game was a bust but at least my Arkansas friends were happy!  We did have a good time and the weather was PERFECT!!!  I hate to see Tech lose but I get it they are a young team.  

We headed out early Sunday I couldn't wait to get home to see my little man.  I know he loves being with Gigi (my mom) but I miss him so much.  My mom sent some cute pictures of him when we were away.  
Henry kept going to the Magnet of Ryan and I and saying Mama, Dada and then kissing it!  

Getting ready for Halloween!

He loved helping Gigi clean!

That evening we were sitting around talking and of course Henry was running around and next thing you know he goes running, trips, and lands head first into the coffee table.  We rush to the ER and 5 stitches later and McDonald's we finally headed home.  I was a hot mess at first but to see how tough Ryan and Henry were was so helpful.  My mom was with us as well, thank goodness because she helped out so much.  She got wet rags to stop the bleeding parked the car and went and got Henry food.  I am so glad she was there to help. She took care of the things that needed to be done but allowed us three to stay together as a family.  

Ryan was like super dad as soon as he saw the cut he said Henry needed stitches kept reminding me it was ok and held Henry when it was time for the stitches.  That guy was and is my rock, glad I have him around!  Henry cried for like 5 min after he fell and just a second when they put the first and last stitch in.  He even pointed out that there was a baby on TV in the middle of getting stitch up.  Seriously, I have the toughest little boy!

Monday which I know isn't part of the weekend but we had so much fun, I have to tell.  We had a full on Dance party.  I don’t know why we don’t do it more but we were all getting a workout in.  Henry was so funny he usually dances a bit when we do this but last night he was getting down!  I wish I could have set up a video recorder in the corner of the room.  Sorry there are no pictures but I was too busy dancing!  

I hope everyone had a good weekend and enjoyed the nice weather!  

No comments:

Post a Comment